Monday, November 16, 2009

description of a place

Hadleigh Lane, North Brunswick is where I lived up until I was about six. When I go there I see the complex I lived in. There are condos and town houses that surround my condo. In between each condo there is a field which is covered in bright green grass, it almost looks fake. This is where we would play kickball, hiding seek, or tag. I had a balcony because we were the corner condo on the first floor. There were three floors to my building. There is a picture of me when I was about six I went to the third floor and stood on the pillar of our condo, I was a daring child and loved climbing. On the other side of the grass there was a beautiful lake. This too was surrounded by grass and had a fountain in the middle. There were several geese and geese droppings near this lake. I always watched where i walked because i refused to get that on the bottom of my sneakers. I still remember the square green cemented object. I was never really sure of its purpose but it was about ten feet from the lake. And on this thing I use to do cartwheels and round offs off it because it had about a five foot drop on the other side. If you walked up from my condo there was a main street which had a big sidewalk that went down the road and took you too each complex of condos, we would walk or roller blade along that almost everyday. There was an awning on the sidewalk and we would past it everyday and everyday I would stop because there were always neat rocks underneath it and I would always choose my favorite one. Every time I drive past the condo I get a feeling of comfort and I remember what it feels like to be a child because all my memories there are from my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment